Sunday 18 March 2012

Unionville Series!

Hello hello! Today, I have decided to introduce a new segment to my nomventures--a Historic Unionville series! Historic Unionville is a little street strip all the way up in the north around Richmond Hill and was founded alll the way back in the 1840s by a man named Ira White. This charming area situated around a small park is packed with little boutiques, service shops, and delicious restaurants in rustic European-like buildings. Although this area is filled with many beautiful aspects, I will mostly be documenting about the variety of restaurants that they house. In total, there are 15 food stores, 2 of which are franchise cafes such as Starbucks and Timothy's World Coffee. The majority of the restaurants, to my surprise, are Italian. So be prepared for a bunch of reviews about pasta and gourmet pizza haha. But, really, I urge you to go visit Historic Unionville if you have the chance. It is not very large, but the scenery is very nice especially on a beautiful day and is perfect for an afternoon browse or a nighttime walk in the spring's warm air. Also, the photography is awesome! I went yesterday when it was slightly gloomy to my dismay, but the pictures came out somewhat alright on my DSLR. Of course I may credit this place more because I am a big fan of history, but either way, GO GO GO :)!

Hope you enjoy this little series :)

3 comments:

  1. Have been a fan of your blog for quite some time now. A friend of mine is coming over to Toronto to visit me next week and he wants me to bring him to "good" Hot Pot resturant which offers AYCE. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello 530CH! Sorry for the delayed reply, for I have been on a hiatus for some time now...*nervous laughter*. I am very glad to hear that you are a fan of my blog though! I actually was planning on uploading a blog this week. I have not been to many hot pot places because I prefer to make it at home, but a place I recommend is Hipot. It's located in Richmond Hill right along Highway 7. If I remember correctly, it should be very close to the Saigon Star restaurant I blogged about. Hipot gives you only a single pot though, but it's divided one. They have I think 5 different broths, and serve vegetables, seafood, and meats using the paper checklist, but you can just ask them if you want. The food are pretty fresh, and they even serve lobster *woot woot*!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Glad you replied to my comment before the weekend. I will def. try out the place. :)

      Delete